Over decades of procrastination, I have somehow managed to develop a few skills along the way.
I am experienced in HTML/CSS web design and have also dabbled in PHP, although that wasn't fun!
- I code my own websites from scratch - as well as using Bootstrap frameworks
- Finally finding that typo you made in the code which breaks the page makes you feel like a god!
- I know the HTML for ampersands (&) off by heart
- Visual Studio Code is handy!
- I learnt rudimentary HTML from Microsoft Frontpage! Christ I feel old
Since I can remember, I've had a pencil in my hand. Thankfully, being a kid before the advent of phones meant I actually went outside, ran around and also doodled endlessly.
- Adi Gilbert is a big inspiration for my recent work
- Doodling motorcycle stuff is fun as heck
- Drawing is a great way to distract you from the hopelessness of existence
For me, the natural progression from doodling was to take that to the computer. I really enjoyed the work of Saul Bass, which was a big early inspiration.
- I like developing logo designs
- I have pushed shapes around in Illustrator since...2003?
- The methodical nature of type design really appeals to me
- Unlike many people, I started with Illustrator before I learnt Photoshop!
As a natural extension to web design, I also have an interest in SEO. I like to top up the SEO juice of my own projects, as well as the gaffs I work for.
- Fun fact: most marketers are 99% bullshit and strong aftershave (in my experience - prove me wrong!)
- There is more than one way to skin an avocado
- Rory Sutherland gives me hope that magic still exists in marketing